Community-supported agriculture (CSA) is a system in which the customer subscribes to buy fresh produce directly from the farmer on a regular basis throughout the growing season.
Our CSA food box program has three sizes and two frequencies:
Food Box Size and Frequency
Approximate number of vegetables/fruits per food box
Price per Food Box
Regular Subscription Price
Early Bird Subscription Price (Payment received before Feb 15, 2020)
LARGE - Weekly
LARGE - Bi-weekly
SMALL - Weekly
SMALL - Bi-weekly
MINI - Weekly
MINI - Bi-weekly
1. Weekly means every week, with a total of 18 food boxes between Jun 18, 2020 and Oct 22, 2020 inclusive. This is Schedule A.
2. Bi-weekly means every other week between Jun 18, 2020 and Oct 15, 2020 inclusive (Schedule B) OR every other week between Jun 25, 2020 and Oct 22, 2020 inclusive (Schedule C), with a total of 9 food boxes. Dancing Pig Farms will assign a schedule (B or C) to the bi-weekly customer to balance our garden production.
Steps:Step 1: Register to join the Dancing Pig Farms CSA subscription program here. Step 2: Pay Dancing Pig Farms for the food box selected in the registration form.
Call Socorro at 416-823-3422 to arrange an e-transfer
Step 3: Visit the Dancing Pig
According to the assigned schedule, the customer will pick up a food box containing fresh vegetables and fruits:
• at the Dancing Pig Farms location on Thursdays (3pm-6pm)
• or at the Port Rowan Farmers' Market on market Fridays (3pm- 6pm)
1. For an additional fee, we may deliver the food box to the customer's residence
or to an agreed-upon location and time. But this is only after careful discussion. For example, we may consider a “group” delivery to a
neighbourhood with multiple customers if our travel expense is justified.
2. The last day of the Port Rowan Farmers' Market is Oct 9, 2020 therefore, beyond Oct 9, the customer must pick up the food box at the Dancing Pig Farms location.
The Dancing Pig answers questions …
1. What is inside the food box?
For our estimated harvest schedule, please click here. We will try our very best to diversify the vegetables, herbs, and fruits from week to week. We may occasionally include produce from local organic growers to add variety. Also note that there may be crop losses due to pest and weather-related issues. If they do happen, we will try our best to add more variety in the following weeks.
2. What incentives are available to save money?
You can save money for being an Early Bird by registering before February 15, 2020. You can also receive a $20 market credit if you refer a friend to join our CSA. You can redeem this market credit with us at the Port Rowan Farmers' Market on market Fridays within the calendar year.
3. What if I cannot pick up at the designated time?
If you cannot pick up the food box at the designated time, please contact us immediately for alternate pick-up time within that day or the following day. If you are going on vacation, please make arrangements with us at least a week in advance to skip the food box for a particular week and receive a market credit with the same value as the food box. You can redeem this market credit with us at the Port Rowan Farmers' Market on market Fridays within the calendar year. We will allow these arrangements for missed pick-up day (either through unforeseen reasons or planned vacation) only once in the calendar year.